- Advanced Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Donation
- Breast Care Program
- Bright Tomorrows Preschool and Child Care Center
- Briteside Adult Day Center
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center for Advanced Weight Loss
- Center for Bone and Joint Health
- Center for Endocrine Health
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
- Child Development Center
- CPR Training Center
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery
- Developmental Pediatric Associates
- Diabetes / Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Diabetes and Endocrine Associates of Hunterdon
- Donate Blood
- Donate to Hunterdon Healthcare
- Early Intervention Program
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Hearing Aids
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Hip Replacement
- Home Health
- How to Make an Appointment
- Hunterdon Behavioral Health
- Hunterdon Center for Dermatology
- Hunterdon County Medication Access Program
- Hunterdon County Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit
- Hunterdon Family & Sports Medicine at Hopewell Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Branchburg
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Cornerstone
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at County Line
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Delaware Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Highlands
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Phillips-Barber
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Riverfield
- Hunterdon Health and Wellness Centers
- Hunterdon Healthy Connections
- Hunterdon Infectious Disease Specialists
- Hunterdon Internal Medicine Associates
- Hunterdon Lifeline
- Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
- Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
- Hunterdon Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Hunterdon Reflux and Motility Center
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program
- Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health
- Hunterdon Regional Pharmacy
- Hunterdon Urological Associates
- Hunterdon Women’s Imaging Center
- Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Infusion Services
- Integrative Medicine Program
- Knee Replacement
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Imaging
- Medication Program
- Memory Center
- Neurodevelopmental Pediatricians
- Nursing Services
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Partnership for Health
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Speech and Hearing Services
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Associates of Hunterdon
- Pulmonary Care
- Sleep Disorders Centers
- Speech & Hearing
- The Child Development Center
- The Early Intervention Program
- Thrift Shop
- Visiting Health and Supportive Services
- Volunteer Resources
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Centers
- Wound Healing
- Yesterday's Treasures
Classes and Support
Sessions and classes are conducted by Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management professionals who are skilled and knowledgeable in diabetes management. These include Registered Nurses and Registered Dietitians who are certified in diabetes education. For more information or to register for one of our programs, please call (908) 237-6920.
This series of two classes focuses on practical aspects of diabetes management that can help people improve their blood sugar levels. A valuable part of the program is the sharing of feelings and experiences among the participants.
The valuable information provided in the group classes is also available through individual educational sessions, scheduled at your convenience and tailored to meet your specific needs. Family members are encouraged to attend.
Inpatient Diabetes Education
When you are hospitalized at Hunterdon Medical Center you may meet with a dietitian and a diabetes nurse educator before you go home. They will provide information to you and your family on the necessary skills you will need to know how to safely take care of yourself when home. Follow-up outpatient appointments are available after discharge to help answer questions and build on the knowledge that you have learned while hospitalized.
Diabetes is a life long health challenge. Living with diabetes is not easy. If you are newly diagnosed or have uncontrolled diabetes, a diabetes nurse educator is the healthcare professional who will work with you, your family and your physician to help you learn necessary information, skills and habits so you can be healthy with diabetes. Because of their expertise in diabetes management, a diabetes nurse educator is your best resource along with a registered dietitian to help translate your physician's medical plan into your daily activities. Learning how to manage diabetes so it doesn't manage you is what it is all about. Knowing how to solve blood sugar problems, knowing what is a safe range for your blood sugar so you can avoid complications, and knowing community resources which will help with financial concerns regarding your supplies are some of the benefits of meeting with a diabetes nurse educator. Speak to your physician about a education referral for our services. Most insurance companies and Medicare cover our services. Call 908-237-6920 for more information.
Insulin Pump Education Sessions
The insulin pump, a device used to deliver insulin continuously, is the most accurate and flexible insulin delivery system available. The pump provides insulin according to a plan designed to meet the needs of each pump wearer.
Our insulin pump training program provides instruction on the safe use of the insulin pump. A certified pump trainer works with the patient, the family and endocrinologist to ensure understanding and competency in pump use.
Did you know, one in three Americans has Pre-Diabetes? This means your fasting blood sugars are higher than normal but not yet high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes.
If your doctor has diagnosed you with Pre-Diabetes, come and learn what you can do to take steps to delay or prevent Type 2 Diabetes.
The Pre Diabetes Program is a one-time group session and is held the 1st Tuesday of the month from 6:00pm-8:00pm or the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 9:30 am-11:30 am.
Instruction will be provided by a certified diabetes educator.
Cost is $65 and registration is required.
Please call (908) 237-6920 for more information.