- Advanced Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Donation
- Breast Care Program
- Bright Tomorrows Preschool and Child Care Center
- Briteside Adult Day Center
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center for Advanced Weight Loss
- Center for Bone and Joint Health
- Center for Endocrine Health
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
- Child Development Center
- CPR Training Center
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery
- Developmental Pediatric Associates
- Diabetes / Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Diabetes and Endocrine Associates of Hunterdon
- Donate Blood
- Donate to Hunterdon Healthcare
- Early Intervention Program
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Hearing Aids
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Hip Replacement
- Home Health
- How to Make an Appointment
- Hunterdon Behavioral Health
- Hunterdon Center for Dermatology
- Hunterdon County Medication Access Program
- Hunterdon County Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit
- Hunterdon Family & Sports Medicine at Hopewell Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Branchburg
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Cornerstone
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at County Line
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Delaware Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Highlands
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Phillips-Barber
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Riverfield
- Hunterdon Health and Wellness Centers
- Hunterdon Healthy Connections
- Hunterdon Infectious Disease Specialists
- Hunterdon Internal Medicine Associates
- Hunterdon Lifeline
- Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
- Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
- Hunterdon Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Hunterdon Reflux and Motility Center
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program
- Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health
- Hunterdon Regional Pharmacy
- Hunterdon Urological Associates
- Hunterdon Women’s Imaging Center
- Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Infusion Services
- Integrative Medicine Program
- Knee Replacement
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Imaging
- Medication Program
- Memory Center
- Neurodevelopmental Pediatricians
- Nursing Services
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Partnership for Health
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Speech and Hearing Services
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Associates of Hunterdon
- Pulmonary Care
- Sleep Disorders Centers
- Speech & Hearing
- The Child Development Center
- The Early Intervention Program
- Thrift Shop
- Visiting Health and Supportive Services
- Volunteer Resources
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Centers
- Wound Healing
- Yesterday's Treasures
Diabetes Web Sites
Diabetes Sites on the World Wide Web
A guide to getting the most out of your diabetes-related Internet research.
The Web is a rapidly-expanding resource for health related information. With a click of a mouse, you can connect to thousands of Web sites devoted to health. But the quality of these sites ranges from solid research to quackery.
When looking for health information, always remember the 3 D's of evaluation - dates, documentation, and double-checking
Health information is dynamic, so check for publication and revision dates.
You should be able to check the source of information through documentation on the site. Do the articles refer to published research? Do qualified professionals review the content? Does the site want to sell you a product or convert you to a point of view?
Always double-check your findings. Remember, no single site can address your special needs and concerns. So visit other sites and compare information.
This page contains a selection of diabetes-related Web sites recommended by the Medical Librarian at the Hunterdon Medical Center
For further information or suggestions on search techniques, strategies, or the best sites for finding the information you need, contact the Medical Librarian at the Hunterdon Medical Center.
American Diabetes Association
This comprehensive site provides a general overview of diabetes and living with the disease. Includes in-depth information on exercise and nutrition, recipes, news, local chapters, online publications, political advocacy, and an online bookstore.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
This site is part of the CDC's National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. It contains lots of authoritative data, and diabetes-related publications. Many of the pages are also available in Spanish.
Children with Diabetes
This award winning site helps kids with diabetes and their families learn about every aspect of the disease. Includes essays by young people with diabetes, and Ask the Diabetes Team which lets users pose questions to experts and receive personal replies.
Diabetic Gourmet Magazine
A well-designed e-zine. You'll find recipes for every meal, health tips, and discussion forums. Recipes are searchable by meal type, ingredients, or prep time. The Health Lessons section offers advice on staying healthy with diabetes.
Joslin Diabetes Center
Joslin brings years of education and research expertise to their Web site. The Beginners Guide to Diabetes, located in the library section, gives the newly-diagnosed and their families the basic information they need.
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Founded by parents of children with diabetes, the JDF funds research to find a cure for both types of diabetes. The site features detailed information about research, management, complications, and cost. Includes an online magazine especially for kids, JDF Kids Online with helpful articles, and a Find a Friend feature.
National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
On this government site, you will find a large number of easy to read online publications for the patient. Includes a diabetes dictionary, an annotated directory of organizations, reswarch information, statitstics, and Spanish-language publications.
NOAH on Diabetes
Links to full-text documents from authoritative sources on the basics, care and treatment, and complications of diabetes. Also links to statistical data, diabetes magazines, news, research information, and organizations for support and advocacy.
Diabetes Self Management
Tips and insights from health care professionals and people living with diabetes. Share your thoughts and ask questions.
Food & Drug Administration (FDA) on Diabetes
The FDA regulates all of the foods you eat and the medical products you use to treat your disease. Their site includes information about the many products you use to check and control your blood sugar including glucose meters, insulin pumps, diabetes medicines and insulin.
National Diabetes Education Program
Learn what you need to know about diabetes including ways to control or prevent the disease. Information for parents, children and high-risk minority populations is available including materials in Spanish, Asian and Pacific Islander languages.
Hunterdon Healthcare System’s Web site is provided for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice nor is it intended to create any physician-patient relationship. This information should not substitute for a visit or a consultation with a health care provider.
These links are provided as a service. Hunterdon Healthcare System does not endorse any organization, program or service listed here, or their philosophies. Responsibility for the content of these sites rests solely with those organizations.