- Advanced Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Donation
- Breast Care Program
- Bright Tomorrows Preschool and Child Care Center
- Briteside Adult Day Center
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center for Advanced Weight Loss
- Center for Bone and Joint Health
- Center for Endocrine Health
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
- Child Development Center
- CPR Training Center
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery
- Developmental Pediatric Associates
- Diabetes / Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Diabetes and Endocrine Associates of Hunterdon
- Donate Blood
- Donate to Hunterdon Healthcare
- Early Intervention Program
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Hearing Aids
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Hip Replacement
- Home Health
- How to Make an Appointment
- Hunterdon Behavioral Health
- Hunterdon Center for Dermatology
- Hunterdon County Medication Access Program
- Hunterdon County Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit
- Hunterdon Family & Sports Medicine at Hopewell Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Branchburg
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Cornerstone
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at County Line
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Delaware Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Highlands
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Phillips-Barber
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Riverfield
- Hunterdon Health and Wellness Centers
- Hunterdon Healthy Connections
- Hunterdon Infectious Disease Specialists
- Hunterdon Internal Medicine Associates
- Hunterdon Lifeline
- Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
- Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
- Hunterdon Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Hunterdon Reflux and Motility Center
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program
- Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health
- Hunterdon Regional Pharmacy
- Hunterdon Urological Associates
- Hunterdon Women’s Imaging Center
- Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Infusion Services
- Integrative Medicine Program
- Knee Replacement
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Imaging
- Medication Program
- Memory Center
- Neurodevelopmental Pediatricians
- Nursing Services
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Partnership for Health
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Speech and Hearing Services
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Associates of Hunterdon
- Pulmonary Care
- Sleep Disorders Centers
- Speech & Hearing
- The Child Development Center
- The Early Intervention Program
- Thrift Shop
- Visiting Health and Supportive Services
- Volunteer Resources
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Centers
- Wound Healing
- Yesterday's Treasures
Nutrition Sites on the World Wide Web
A guide to getting the most out of your nutrition-related Internet research.
The Web is a rapidly-expanding resource for health related information. With a click of a mouse, you can connect to thousands of Web sites devoted to health. But, the quality of these sites ranges from solid research to quackery.
When looking for health information, always remember the 3 D's of evaluation - dates, documentation, and double-checking
Health information is dynamic, so look for publication and revision dates.
You should be able to check the source of information through documentation on the site. Do the articles refer to published research? Do qualified professionals review the content? Does the site want to sell you a product or convert you to a point of view?
Always double-check your findings. Remember, no single site can address your special needs and concerns. So visit other sites and compare information
This page contains a selection of nutrition-related Web sites recommended by the Medical Librarian at the Hunterdon Medical Center
For further information or suggestions on search techniques, strategies, or the best sites for finding the information you need, contact the Medical Librarian at the Hunterdon Medical Center
American Dietetic Association
Provides responsible, in-depth, and accurate nutrition information for health professionals and consumers
An award winning site that educates kids, parents, and teachers about why fruits and vegetables are so good for you.
FDA Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition
Provides a listing of clinical trials organized by state, including categories such as Diabetes Mellitus I & II, Foot Ulcers, Diabetic Kidney Disease, Diabetic Neuropathy. Also lists newly approved drugs.
A site dedicated to providing heart-healthy tips for the entire family
Sponsored by the Boston College Eating Awareness Team, it contains well-written, non-judgemental articles about both healthful and disordered eating.
International Food Information Council
The concil's mission is to communicate science-based information on food safety and nutrition to professionals providing information to consumers.
Nutrition Analysis Tool
An online nutrient analysis program which uses a USDA database. A "Help" section is provided for first time users.
A clearinghouse for all kinds of nutrition-related materials from US government agencies
Shape Up America
The site of a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of healthy weight and increased physical activity in the U.S.
Vegetarian Resource Group
Substantive, well-organized, and balanced material providing news, recipes, nutrition information, links, and ideas for those interesed in adopting a vegetarian diet.
Children's Nutrition Research Center
Where better to look for guidance on feeding your children than the scientists who spend their days researching this topic?
Food & Nutrition Information Center
Clear navigational icons connect users to the vast nutrition-related resources of the National Agricultural Library.
Everything appropriate is covered here; from apporpriate weight gain and nutrition needs during pregnancy through breastfeeding, to finding healthy fixes for junk food cravings.
Choosemyplate.gov offers personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help you plan and assess your food choices based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Nationals Eating Disorders Association
Information from an organization dedicated to providing education, resources and support to those affected by eating disorders.
These two general health web sites have excellent sections on nutrition:
Hunterdon Healthcare System’s Web site is provided for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice nor is it intended to create any physician-patient relationship. This information should not substitute for a visit or a consultation with a health care provider.
These links are provided as a service. Hunterdon Healthcare System does not endorse any organization, program or service listed here, or their philosophies. Responsibility for the content of these sites rests solely with those organizations.