- Advanced Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Donation
- Breast Care Program
- Bright Tomorrows Preschool and Child Care Center
- Briteside Adult Day Center
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center for Advanced Weight Loss
- Center for Bone and Joint Health
- Center for Endocrine Health
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
- Child Development Center
- CPR Training Center
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery
- Developmental Pediatric Associates
- Diabetes / Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Diabetes and Endocrine Associates of Hunterdon
- Donate Blood
- Donate to Hunterdon Healthcare
- Early Intervention Program
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Hearing Aids
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Hip Replacement
- Home Health
- How to Make an Appointment
- Hunterdon Behavioral Health
- Hunterdon Center for Dermatology
- Hunterdon County Medication Access Program
- Hunterdon County Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit
- Hunterdon Family & Sports Medicine at Hopewell Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Branchburg
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Cornerstone
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at County Line
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Delaware Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Highlands
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Phillips-Barber
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Riverfield
- Hunterdon Health and Wellness Centers
- Hunterdon Healthy Connections
- Hunterdon Infectious Disease Specialists
- Hunterdon Internal Medicine Associates
- Hunterdon Lifeline
- Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
- Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
- Hunterdon Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Hunterdon Reflux and Motility Center
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program
- Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health
- Hunterdon Regional Pharmacy
- Hunterdon Urological Associates
- Hunterdon Women’s Imaging Center
- Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Infusion Services
- Integrative Medicine Program
- Knee Replacement
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Imaging
- Medication Program
- Memory Center
- Neurodevelopmental Pediatricians
- Nursing Services
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Partnership for Health
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Speech and Hearing Services
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Associates of Hunterdon
- Pulmonary Care
- Sleep Disorders Centers
- Speech & Hearing
- The Child Development Center
- The Early Intervention Program
- Thrift Shop
- Visiting Health and Supportive Services
- Volunteer Resources
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Centers
- Wound Healing
- Yesterday's Treasures
About Hunterdon Medical Center Emergency Room
Hunterdon Medical Center’s ER ranks No. 1 in patient satisfaction.
Hunterdon’s Emergency Department has consistently scored in the top 10 percent for the last 15 years.* The ER most recently ranked No. 1 in New Jersey in patient satisfaction in the first quarter of 2009. These scores are a result of Hunterdon’s ongoing dedication to patient health and reflect outstanding patient satisfaction in the areas of treatment and comfort, courtesy to family and friends and waiting time, among other measures.
We open clogged arteries and restore blood flow to heart attack patients fast.
In the event of a heart attack, every second counts. Timing is critical, and reducing the time between a patient’s arrival in the ER and an emergency angioplasty procedure (“door-to-balloon” time) can positively affect patient outcomes. Hunterdon prides itself on exceeding the national “door-to-balloon” time of less than 90 minutes, with an average time of less than 60 minutes.
We provide lifesaving treatment to stroke victims.
Designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services in 2008, Hunterdon Medical Center can provide lifesaving treatment to local patients when they need it most – within 3 hours of their first stroke symptoms. This designation is based on Hunterdon’s advanced capabilities and protocols for the rapid and effective treatment of stroke patients.
We have the most advanced technology to treat cardiac, pulmonary and critically ill patients.
Hunterdon’s state-of-the-art ER includes 22 private patient care areas equipped with the latest cardiac monitoring, trauma and diagnostic equipment. In addition, a negative pressure isolation room provides a safe environment for treating patients with airborne infectious diseases.
The ER is staffed round the clock by board certified emergency physicians, physician assistants and nurses who are specially trained in emergency care.
The Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and is staffed round-the-clock by board certified emergency physicians, physician assistants and nurses who are trained in trauma, emergency care and disaster preparedness. Hunterdon’s Emergency Department cares for more than 34,000 adult and pediatric patients each year from all over Hunterdon County, as well as patients from Somerset, Warren and Mercer counties and eastern Pennsylvania.
We coordinate emergency services with local paramedics.
This state-of-the-art emergency medical system works closely with four Mobile Intensive Care Units (MICUs) in the area that act as an extension of the ER to assess and treat patients before they arrive at the hospital. The ER also offers rapid treatment of minor illnesses and emergencies ion average in 90 minutes or less in its Fast Track area.
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 9-1-1.
*According to the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey, Hunterdon Medical Center has consistently scored in the 99th percentile (among 266 hospitals nationwide) for the last five years.
Fast Track: For Minor Emergencies
Mobile Intensive Care Units (MICU)
What to Expect in the ER
Visitors in the Emergency Room
Copies of medical records
Be Prepared for an Emergency